fees& ethical, professional info
How much do sessions cost?
I offer individual therapy to adults over 18 yrs. For couples therapy or child therapy please visit the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists website – www.bacp.co.uk or www.counselling-directory.org.uk for more info.
My sessions are 50 minutes long, for which the fee is £50.
How many sessions will I need?
I work on an open-ended basis. We may agree on a certain number of sessions at first, before reviewing how therapy is going, but this is never set in stone.
It may be that just 1-2 sessions help clear your mind and move on. Alternatively, therapy can progress, usually one session per week, for as long as you feel you need. We can continue to work this out together as we go.
Clinical Supervision & Continued Professional Development
As a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) I am bound by their code of professional, ethical conduct. As such I attend regular, monthly clinical supervision with an experienced, qualified therapist and supervisor to ensure the safety and efficacy of my work.
It is also a requirement that I complete a certain amount of continued professional learning and development each year, to further ensure my work is in line with up-to-date ethical and professional standards.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy – Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute – (1st class honours).
- Level 2 Counselling Concepts – Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute.
- I have also completed numerous other shorter trainings in clinical assessment, online and telephone therapy, existential psychotherapy etc.
- I have experience working with a wide range of people in both private practice at Rutland House Counselling & Psychotherapy in Leicester, and in charity setting at the Breathing Space counselling service in Melton Mowbray, before moving on to my own private practice subsequently.
- Reps Level 3 Personal Trainer and Nutrition Adviser.